We count on medical professionals to keep us healthy, but a mistake, oversight or unnecessary risk can put your life in danger. Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Attorney fights for victims of medical malpractice. We believe you deserve the best treatment.
Errors committed during surgery
Surgery is a delicate task, and if mistakes are made, they can affect you for the rest of your life. Surgeons have the most malpractice claims of any specialty, and insurance companies often have a difficult time arguing against compensation in the following cases:
- Surgical malpractice — When a doctor makes an error during surgery, such as by damaging healthy tissue, causing a dangerous bleed or failing to properly close a patient
- Surgical negligence — Reckless or lazy behavior on the part of a surgeon that can put your life at risk just as much as incompetent actions
- Unsafe scheduling — When overbooked or overworked doctors make mistakes while patients are on their table
Failure to diagnose or a misdiagnosis
More subtle than a surgical error, an incorrect treatment or lack of treatment due to misdiagnosis can do as much harm as a sickness or other condition. We frequently see cases of:
- Doctor negligence — If a doctor doesn’t listen to a patient, assumes the patient knows better or doesn’t stay current with medical trends, the best course of action will not be apparent.
- Cancer misdiagnosis — An incorrect diagnosis costs a patient valuable time and can have a severe emotional impact.
- Failure to prevent a heart attack — Failure to recognize the warning signs of heart disease mean nothing is being done when you could be taking precautionary measures.
Suffering due to hospital malpractice
Some errors are not caused by a single person’s mistakes, but rather by an entire organization’s. If a hospital does not manage its staff properly and maintain its equipment, it can put you in danger as a patient. The following hospital malpractice incidents are common:
- Emergency room errors — An emergency room team needs to work as a cohesive unit, and if medical personnel cannot communicate clearly and quickly, they can lose valuable time and even lose the patient.
- Equipment failure — Old or faulty medical devices can do more harm than good to patients.
- Mistreatment — Tired, undertrained or indifferent staff members may not follow the proper procedures to keep patients in the best possible health.
Don’t settle for substandard care from a medical professional
Get a free consultation with Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Attorney. You’ll sit down with a lawyer, not a junior lawyer, to discuss your injuries, the care you need in the future and how to get the compensation you deserve. Contact us online or give us a call at 805.250.1511 to set up an appointment at the office in downtown San Luis Obispo. We’re conveniently located just off the 101.
Medical Malpractice Attorney Service Areas
- Pismo Beach Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Lompoc Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Santa Maria Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Nipomo Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Grover Beach Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Cambria Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Morro Bay Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Atascadero Medical Malpractice Lawyer