The loss of a loved one isn’t just emotionally devastating; it can also be a huge financial burden. And knowing that the person died as a victim of negligence or a wrongful act only makes the situation more difficult. A wrongful death lawsuit can offset the monetary loss following the death of your family’s primary source of support. Winning a case against the person or entity who caused the devastation can also help you find some peace, knowing that justice was served. Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Attorney will work with you every step of the way to make this process easier.
Wrongful death comes in many forms
Wrongful death is caused by negligence, misconduct or error. We pursue negligent parties in a wide variety of cases, including:
- Car accidents — If your loved one was killed in an accident because another driver was being reckless or not paying attention, we can make sure the responsible party is held accountable.
- Motorcycle accidents — A motorcyclist is 35 times more likely to be killed in an accident than a person in a car. Negligent operators of other vehicles are often the cause of fatal collisions.
- Defective product — Faulty tools, ineffective protective gear or even a malfunctioning household appliance can cause an unexpected death. We pursue manufacturers in products liability cases when their items cause wrongful death.
- Medical malpractice — We turn to medical professionals to improve and preserve our health. If a doctor or other healthcare provider’s oversight or mistake resulted in the shocking death of a loved one, we can handle the necessary legal matters for you.
Damages owed for wrongful death according to California law
In the state of California, a successor or survivor is entitled to damages your loved one sustained before death and losses afterward. These can include:
- Funeral and burial or cremation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical costs associated with the death
- Loss of the deceased’s expected future earnings
- Other lost income, such as a retirement fund or pension
- Loss of companionship, protection and care
- Punitive damages
Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Attorney helps you determine the amount of financial remuneration to which you are entitled after a wrongful death and seeks full compensation from the insurance company.
If you’ve lost a loved one, speak to a caring, committed attorney about your case
Get a free initial consultation with Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Attorney today. Our offices are located in San Luis Obisbo County and in Fresno County. Parking is provided. Call us at 805.250.1511 or contact us online to make an appointment to talk with a lawyer about your case and your needs.
Wrongful Death Attorney Service Areas