Experienced. Compassionate. Results.
Fresno Car Accident Attorney
Fresno routinely reports a very high number of car accidents. Every day, many vehicles are involved in deadly car wrecks, drunk drivers cause fatal collisions, and there are many deadly car crashes involving pedestrians when compared to other California cities and counties. In the United States, there were a total of 80,000+ people killed or injured, according to KVPR. Our Fresno car accident attorney works hard to lower that statistic.
This is unsurprising, given the large, upwardly mobile population and the congested roads and highways. Nearly 11,000 car accident collisions were reported in Fresno alone between 2003 and 2016. Over 15,000 injuries and more than 270 deaths resulted from those collisions on Fresno streets. According to LiveStories, there were 160 deaths related to car accidents, in Fresno in 2017.
Being Well Prepared When Involved In An Accident
With the risk so high of being involved in a car accident in Fresno, and data showing that at least one in three accidents results in an injury or death, you should be prepared for what happens if you are in one.
Our Fresno car accident injury lawyers at Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Lawyers are highly experienced and committed to helping accident victims like you seek proper redress. If your injury was caused by another driver’s negligence or recklessness, we will fight on your behalf to recover full and fair compensation.
Where Car Accidents Occur in Fresno
Fresno highways typically show up as the scene for many of the accidents in the city. Over a third of crashes resulting in car wrecks, about 35.5 percent of car wrecks in Fresno, occur on a State Highway.
Some of these highways and freeways where accidents happen all too often include the 41, Yosemite International Airport, West Herndon Avenue, and areas around Shaw Avenue etc.
Major Causes of Fresno Car Accidents
In Fresno, car accidents occur due to several factors, but some of the most common causes of Fresno car accidents include:
- Driving over the speed limit
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Being distracted while driving
- Failing to obey traffic signals and signs
- Making an improper turn
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
Common Injuries Suffered in Fresno Car Accidents
With such a high number of car accidents occurring in Fresno every year, it goes without saying that there will be also a relatively high variety of physical harm or injury recorded as resulting from those accidents. Fresno Bee wrote an article stating how the government spends money annually to promote, improve, and continuously research pedestrian safety, due to car accidents.
In each case, the severity and type of collision determine whether or not the injury suffered will be mild, debilitating, or potentially permanent. Some of the common car accident injuries include driving over the speed limit, driving under the influence of alcohol, being distracted while driving, failing to obey traffic signals and signs, making an improper turn and failing to yield the right-of-way.
What Should You Do After A Car Accident In Fresno?
Once you are involved in a car accident, there are certain important things you need to consider and do first before any others. It does not matter whether or not you are innocent, the law still requires certain things from you and you must be aware of them. So please take note of the following:
- Do not leave the accident scene: Most people do not know that if you leave the scene of a car accident in California before the Highway Patrol arrives you may end up being charged with a hit and run, even if the car accident was not caused by you.
- Be careful what you say and do not admit fault: Irrespective of the facts of the incident which may later vindicate or implicate you, once you admit fault initially, it will be extremely difficult to prove your innocence.
- Take or collect pictures from others present: Pictures taken immediately at the scene of car accidents have been very useful in helping to determine what actually happened and prove who was really at fault.
- File a personal injury claim: In Fresno, just like in the rest of California, there exists a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims, it is therefore very important that you contact a Fresno car accident lawyer promptly and file your claim immediately.
Pursuing Financial Restitution for your Damages
Resulting from the various possible injuries listed above which can result from car accidents are mild to serious to drastic life alterations that an accident victim will be requiring restitution from. Some of the benefits you can seek include fiscal reimbursements for your medical expenses, wage loss due to time missed from work, as well as non-economic damages like the consequent fear of driving, anxiety, reduced quality of life, pain and suffering, etc.
Book Your Free Consultation
Fill out the form below and we will respond immediately to help you with your questions.
Get the Compensation You Deserve After a Car Accident in Fresno
If you have been involved in a car accident, irrespective of the severity, and you wish to file a car accident personal injury claim, our competent Fresno car accident attorney at Steven P. Roberts personal injury attorneys can help you in many ways, including helping you deal with the other driver as well as the insurance companies. Call us at (805) 542-9900 today to get a free consultation with our top personal injury lawyers at Steven P. Roberts, or visit our online platform to set up an appointment in Fresno.
Call Now For Your Free Consultation