Head & Spine Injury Lawyers
San Luis Obispo Head & Spinal Injury Lawyers/Attorneys
Spinal injuries and head trauma affect your nerves and brain, and thus your mobility, your cognitive ability, and your entire life. Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Attorney works with medical advocates who can determine the extent of the damage, the level of healthcare you require and the true financial impact of your injury.
San Luis Obispo Head & Spinal Injury Law Firm
A spinal cord injury affects you differently depending on its location along your spine. Paralysis is always a very real concern, though reduced motor function and chronic pain are also debilitating. Below are possible locations and effects:
- Cervical spinal cord injury — The cervical vertebrae support and pivot the head. Pinching or damage to the spinal cord at this location can result in loss of function in all limbs or even death.
- Thoracic spinal cord injury — This section of the spinal cord controls the torso and intercostal muscles, and damage here can affect the abdominal muscles and core functions.
- Lumbar spinal cord injury — The lowest section of the spinal cord controls leg and hip function. These injuries commonly result in paraplegia and the inability to walk.
Accidents that can result in neck or spinal cord damage
Any impact on your vertebrae or trauma to your back may damage your spinal cord. Common causes include:
- Motor vehicle accidents — Whether you’re in a car, on a motorcycle or riding a bike, a crash can leave you severely injured or paralyzed.
- Defective products — A lifting harness, piece of sports equipment or another item that does not work properly can put your spine at risk.
- Falls — Slipping and falling on someone else’s property can result in a spine injury if you land on your back.
Book Your Free Consultation
Fill out the form below and we will respond immediately to help you with your questions.
The harm and danger of head injuries
Head injuries can be as dangerous as spine injuries, if not more so. Your skull’s primary function is to protect your brain, so any damage to it puts your life at risk. Head injuries can be caused by blunt force trauma to the skull or by the jarring motion of the head. For example, whiplash from a car accident can cause the brain to hit the inside of the skull, causing a concussion or contusion. If you were involved in an accident that left you feeling dizzy or unable to think clearly, it’s possible that you suffered a head or brain injury. The following are common head injuries:
A broken skull damages the integrity of the bone and can cause dangerous bruising and swelling.
Defined as any alteration to brain activity from head trauma, a concussion is a cognitive impairment that can be temporary or permanent.
If a blow to the head ruptures blood vessels, it can cause blood to pool around your brain, affecting cognitive function.
Get strategic legal representation for head or spinal damage in Fresno and San Luis Obispo Counties
Set up an appointment for a free consultation with Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Attorney. You can contact us online or by phone at 805.542-9900. Our office is located at the entrance of the historic district in downtown San Luis Obispo as well as in Fresno, California. We’ll discuss your injuries, the medical care you’ll require and the best way to get the compensation you deserve from the insurance company, whether through arbitration or settlement or in court.
Call Now For Your Free Consultation