We pay for ALL up-front expenses.
We don't get paid unless you do.
Calls, consultations, & questions are
always welcomed by our attorneys.
We will handle the stress of dealing with
insurance companies for you.
Selected as a member of the
Multi-million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Fresno Slip and Fall Attorney
SKILLED SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT LAWYERS SERVING FRESNO, CA
Slips and falls occur all the time. In fact, thousands of Fresno residents suffer these accidents every day, in their homes, on the sidewalk, at the park, everywhere. Unfortunately, when these accidents happen, very serious injuries can result. The National Floor Safety Institute has tons of information regarding slip and fall accidents. Our Fresno slip and fall accidents attorney is here to help.
However, no matter where the slip or fall occurred, whether at the grocery store, shopping mall, stadium, theater, or restaurants, you may have a right to compensation. If the accident occurred due to the negligent or wrongful conduct of the employees, managers, or the owners of those establishments, you have the right to hold them responsible.
At Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Law Firm, our Fresno slip and fall accidents attorney is committed to helping those who have been victims of slip and fall injuries. If you were injured in one of these accidents, speak to our Fresno slip and fall attorneys to understand how you can recover compensation today.
What to Do Immediately After Suffering a Slip and Fall Injury
Falls are the third leading cause of unintentional injury-related deaths. There are varying seventies of injuries that can occur from a slip and fall accident, irrespective of their severity. However, there are certain very important steps to take immediately after you experience a slip and fall accident.
- Your health and well being matter above all else, so we recommend that the first thing you do after suffering an injury from a slip and accident is to seek prompt medical attention. Accept first aid where it is necessary, but ultimately, as soon as possible head to the hospital or urgent care center for treatment and documentation of your injuries. This will be vital in determining the amount of compensation you are entitled to subsequently.
- Once your initial pain and overall health have been attended to, the next thing you need to do is to file an incident report with the establishment where the slip and fall accident occurred. They are also required to supply you with a copy of the incident as well, or a report number.
- Ensure you gather as much evidence as you can under the circumstances, especially of whatever was the primary cause of the fall such as loose carpeting, debris, liquid spills etc. Where you have to leave the scene immediately for the hospital before gathering any evidence, you can ask witnesses present to help you take appropriate pictures. Don’t forget to collect their contact information so you can locate them later for their testimonies.
- Refrain from making any statement to the managers of the establishment or their insurance adjusters regarding the accident that took place. Only talk to them after consulting a Fresno Slip and Fall Injury Attorney as your statements may be twisted out of context and used against you.
- As soon as you can, engage the help of an experienced Fresno slip and fall injury lawyer to guide you through the procedure and help you get appropriate compensation for your injuries.
Common Injuries that Result from Slip and Fall Accidents
In any slip and fall injury lawsuit, the magnitude of the compensation is always determined by the severity and resulting in consequence of the harm suffered as evaluated by qualified medical personnel.
Some of the most common injuries suffered in slip and fall accidents include head injuries, skull fracture, traumatic brain injury, memory loss, damage to the spinal cord, neck injury, hip fractures, upper and lower limb fractures, facial injuries etc. The CDC states that more than one out of four older people falls each year. Our Fresno personal injury lawyer is experienced in all types of slip and fall accidents.
Seeking Compensation From a Fresno Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
The appropriate compensation to be sought in Fresno would factor in such details as:
- The cost of medical treatment, including the cost of diagnosis of the injuries you suffered as well as the cost of treatment.
- The ongoing costs of current medical care and rehabilitation.
- The cost of resulting economic damages due to possible loss of income and loss of capacity to earn future incomes as a result of the injuries suffered.
- The possibility of punitive damage being awarded, as well as the availability of insurance coverage.
Get in Touch With a Qualified Fresno Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Today
Reach out to our Fresno slip and fall injury attorneys today for competent representation. We will enhance your chances of obtaining appropriate compensation from the defendant. Contact us today for a free initial consultation at Steven P. Roberts Personal Injury Attorney.
Our offices are located right in Fresno County and parking is provided. Call our number at (559) 201-0911 or visit our online platforms to make an appointment to talk with an experienced lawyer about your case and your needs.
Request Your Free Consultation Now
Fill out the form below and we will respond immediately to help you with your questions.
Speak to our Experienced Fresno Slip and Fall Lawyer
The insurance agents and adjusters are always looking to shortchange or cheat you out of fair compensation for obvious business reasons. Insist on speaking with a competent local Fresno slip and fall attorney before you sign any settlement offer.
We have experience with handling these offers and we can naturally estimate fair estimation after an evaluation of your claim. Our Fresno slip and fall attorney is ready to fight for you. Book a free consultation with us or reach out to us by placing a call to (559) 201-0911 to discuss your case.